Dozen Dirty Riders in One Tough Race, the Dirty Kanza!
Follow their tales leading up to the race below.
- Home Town: Davenport, IA
- Day Job: I am employed at World of Bikes in Iowa City. I am afforded so many opportunities I never thought possible. Teaching, leading, and getting more people on bikes is my favorite thing to do there.
- Family Info: I am lucky to have an awesome family. My mother is a retired firefighter who is married to my step-father who is still a firefighter. My father is a cabinet maker. I have one brother who is one of my closest friends. It hasn't always been this way, but when he moved up to Iowa City with me 5 years ago we realized we were actually the same person. Now we live together and it's hard to imagine not living with him.
- What people don't know about me: I also drive a school bus, and have for about 5 years. It's hilarious and humbling.
- Current Gravel Bike: Salsa Carbon Warbird, the only gravel bike for me.
- Years Participated in DK: 4 years previous. This is my goblet year!
- What I want to accomplish in 2017: I am still looking for that limit. I want to finish and give myself the fastest finish time I have had yet.